Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Saturday 26 June 2010

P'riok, Plaza Kelana Jaya

It was a chillin' raining night...
I was craving for steamboat (as usual)
While picking up my sister from her work place...
We got no idea where can get nice steamboat around the area.

Till saw a signboard about a steamboat restaurant in Plaza Kelana Jaya....
As we know, is for Malay (we were in Kelana Jaya area, go figure!)

It's a nice environment (lake view)
The guy who took our ordered are FRIENDLY as well....
He asked whether are we first time there, yes indeed we were....
However, this is not the FIRST time we have our steamboat though...
My sis told me that he taught her how to eat steamboat (I was away grabbing food)
I told my sis,"Just tell him we are Chinese, we know how to eat our own traditional meal..." (yes I am MEAN!)

For the price we paid, seriously...
Is not worth!
The choices of the items - honestly, is all from TESCO, from the BIG FRIDGE which you scoop the choices you wanted and charge by KG that kind of stocks!

The only thing worth to eat? - Prawns.
You want grill fish - you got to pay for it!
If you eat other places, you get to eat most of the things there though (eg - BBQ/Grill/Soup items)

Fine...
We settled with clear soup and tom yum....

[caption id="attachment_890" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Steamboat"][/caption]

I can't believe, for a Malay restaurant their Tom Yum is so.... (tasted like those assam fish - soup base)

Look at the picture below...
Believe me when I say that this is not SAUCE....

[caption id="attachment_891" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Oil from Tom Yum Soup Base"][/caption]

Is the oil I scoop out from the tom yum soup...
Yes, is that oily.

I'm not trying to critic that Malay's steamboat is not up to standard as the Chinese...
Even Johnny's Steamboat can run it well....
Although some Chinese opened up steamboat restaurants, they are Halal as well....
I shall reckon, try out like Yuen Steamboat located in Sunway.

This place, is O.U.T.

$- RM24/pax

Price Range : RM24/pax (buffet style)
Good For : For the environment, lake view....
Bad For : EVERYTHING except the lake view

Vote: 1/5 (for the lake view)

p/s: this is no discrimination over our communities, this is what I feel about the food, nothing to do with religion or individual. Solely my own point of view.

14 comments:

  1. heloo..this restaurant are not belongs to malay owner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. As the staffs were most Malays and the patrons are most Malays so I assumed it's owned by a Malay Muslim. As been said, no offense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this restaurant is owned by a malay la.. a malay lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To tell the truth, I'am voiceless. The Shawshank Redemption is marvelous. I'am quite young movie fan, in point of fact, this movie came out the same yearI was very young, and thence I am more used to movies with marvellous special effects, edge-of-your-seat action, et cetera. This film has zero of that, and still, it appeals so closely . Way Frank Darabont uses the tale of Red to drive on the story, the excellent the film music utilized (note the harmonica used merely before Red finding the letter close to the end). The entire film, from beginning to finish, from actions to music, is a lighthouse of hope, judgement, and redemption. The cast is mastered, Morgan Freeman(Red) actually brings about a refreshing feel to the story, and that's precisely what the movie is, what a film should be. Highly recommended for every viewer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice article. Of course he deserves promotion. I have to put a link from my website

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im thankful for the article post.Thanks Again. Will read on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came across your comments while browsing thru. I have just recently open a steamboat buffet restaurant. It's called Malaya Steamboat Buffet, located @ G69 & G70, Jalan Prima SG 3, Prima Sri Gombak, 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor. And yes, i'm a Malay. Love steamboat, thus the choice of food business.

    If u happen to be somewhere nearby in Gombak area, do drop by. Would love to hear an honest opinion of our place. But we are not located by the lake or anything tho..

    Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep.. as julie indicated, this is not a Malay restaurant. you could refer to http://www.malaysianmirror.com/homedetail/76-food-review/42419-steamboat-by-the-lake

    anyway, the place looks good even though I have not been there as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuen Steam boat is probably one of the best halal steam boat I have ever tried.. near to my campus, RM20 per head all you can eat, free ice cream and crazy chicken wing rush.. Highly recommended by me..
    but I wonder where I can try the best Haram steam boat XD hahaha.. I mean the place that serve pork also.. hopefully its all you can eat as well..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ow ya to add another thing, about "Priok" they have an outlet in Giant mall, just across the highway from Plaza Kelana.. seriously I didn't even bother trying it out, because I asked them what they had to offer, and sadly they couldn't offer anything good, then I heard there was a steam boat at Plaza Kelana, I went to Laila Cafe recently and the view is amazing, so if there is steam boat that would be another excuse to bring my friends there, but when I Google, this came out first, "priok" disappointed like hell la weih!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to show my appreciation to the writer just for bailing me out of such a condition. Right after scouting throughout the the web and coming across principles that were not helpful, I thought my life was gone. Being alive without the presence of approaches to the issues you've fixed by way of the article content is a serious case, as well as ones that could have in a negative way damaged my entire career if I hadn't encountered your site. Your own personal training and kindness in handling a lot of stuff was important. I don't know what I would have done if I had not come across such a subject like this. I am able to at this point look ahead to my future. Thank you so much for this professional and result oriented help. I will not think twice to propose the sites to anybody who needs care about this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i was starting to feel i may well be the sole human being whom thought about this, at the very least now i acknowledge im not loony :) i will make sure to look at a couple of different threads immediately after i get a bit of caffeine in me, cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing, please keep an update about this info. love to read it more. i like this site too much. Good theme ;).

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's you! Had forgotten about your food blog till I was searching for P'riok, 'cos was wondering if the food is any good. Found the answer! Hahaha...See you around! And thanks for saving my money!

    ReplyDelete