Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Sunday 27 June 2010

Cristang, Plaza 8 Avenue

Cristang - stands for Malaccan Portuguese (as I read previously from another blog)

We are supposed to find Pan Bakery but too bad (for don't know what reason) is not open on Saturday...
We walked around the area and found that this restaurant was full house (not like a lot of restaurant there, but least out of 2, this is packed!)

When you first step in, you may sense that is a family restaurant....
Don't ask my how could I have the aura (despite there's kids, senior citizens around)...

Right, basically in their menu there's west meet locals (as in Portu...)

[caption id="attachment_908" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Menu"][/caption]

Since we not really in the budget, so we just ordered what we can afford to munch...
My sis and I ordered ice tea (refillable) which cost us RM5 each...

[caption id="attachment_909" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Ice Tea"][/caption]

My ICE melted before it arrive to me, and even they gave 1 shot glass of sugar...
Yet, the tea still don't taste sweet even though I poured all the sugar in....
The tea not strong enough, ya, bit diluted.

For appetizer my dear ordered mashed potato (her favourite....)
The potato will goes well with meat or poultry as is not that salty....
For a person who don't/can't take beef, this portion serve with bacon...

[caption id="attachment_910" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Mashed Potato"][/caption]

My dear got to scoop all out so me and my sis can eat...
However (bless me Kun Yam), I did munched few bits....
Wonder, is that how bacon bit should taste like?
Hard?

My dear ordered the Portu noodle...
Looks like Penang's Hainam Mee....

[caption id="attachment_911" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Portuguese Noodle"][/caption]

Indeed taste like one too...
Sadly, my dear not really into mee especially when they taste of "gan sui" - go figure
So I change mine to hers as I thought I could bare the taste...
NOT!
I nearly puke cos the taste was too strong....
But I just keep quiet and I can feel my mouth feel numb (can't describe the feeling)
Maybe I should ask them to change it rather than gulp the whole plate in... eak~~~

My sis ordered their soup noodle (can't recall the specific name)
I was wondering why the taste so familiar...
Can't say is Curry Mee.... can't say is assam...
Hah... otak otak!

[caption id="attachment_912" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Portuguese Noodle Soup"][/caption]

It's so otak otak taste, and I think they put coconut milk as well?

I had bihun (ain't sure why I keep having bihun each meal!)
Least something I'm happy to have with....
[caption id="attachment_913" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Fried Bihun ala Portuguese style"][/caption]
Good choice for the night (lucky me)

Right...
We ordered otak otak to share...
[caption id="attachment_914" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Otak Otak served with crackers"][/caption]
One thing different is they serve with crackers/biscuits (whichever you find it's suitable)
Is good to eat it with crackers or least rice, but it will be very salty to have it just like that.

Maybe their main course (pasta/meat/poultry) will taste much better?
Or maybe I don't know how to eat Portuguese meal?

Don't think so.

$ - RM 67 (3pax)

Price Range: RM5 - RM30++
Good For: Cozy family night out
Bad For: Watch what to order, try something else instead?

Vote: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment