Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Saturday 26 June 2010

Hai Lam Kopitiam, Kepong

One fine Sunday...
My dad called my sis and I for lunch....
So since we got no idea what to eat, he reckon us to eat Hailam Mee....
He lead the way....
And I'm like... "Ark?! Here?"

You see, there's lot of KOPITIAMS mushrooming around KL/Selangor....
From Oldtown to Station 1 (yes,is Kopitiam to me), Uncle Lim, Pak Hailam.... (go and and on and on)
Which one actually, is good to eat and not just for commercial "usage" (eat and just go)
[caption id="attachment_894" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Menu"][/caption]

I found the table tent one item very attractive...
The Roti Paun, highly recommend (they sounded like we will grab for more after one bite...)
Indeed.
[caption id="attachment_902" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Roti Paun"][/caption]
You see, the roti actually is quite small (trust me, it just fit in your mouth in one go!)
Yet, is very....(and I emphasize..again...) VERY soft.
Can't recall is it RM2/plate of 4pcs... but is good!

Alright, how can you be in Kopitiam without ordering half boiled egg and toast bread eh?
[caption id="attachment_896" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Toast bread with half boiled eggs"][/caption]
A custom? Tsk~

My dad ordered Hailam Mee for himself...
Seriously, it was not too bad!
[caption id="attachment_895" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Hailam Mee"][/caption]
Oh well, can't blame me for being negative (for a moment)
Good enough the yellow noodle doesn't taste "gan sui" - can't figure how to define in English, HELP PLEASE!

My sis ordered their thai fried rice (if I'm not wrong - my dad reckon)
[caption id="attachment_897" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Thai Fried Rice"][/caption]
They are not stingy with their prawns, something that I LIKE!
The fragrance is good too though and not too small portion too! (can't say is BIG cos my sis is small eater)

I settled myself with fried bihun ala tomyum style...
Lucky enough, the bihun is not dry (I'd been choked with dried bihun for few times)
[caption id="attachment_898" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Fried Tom Yum Bihun"][/caption]
Is very appetizing for this meal, not sure is it because sourish (no worry, is not that SOUR-sourish)
Yummylicious!

They even have dessert, I think it was RM4.90/bowl?
Don't worry, for this dessert the price is good with the ingredients given.
[caption id="attachment_899" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Dessert"][/caption]
They have 3 choices, I can't recall which one did my sis and I ordered though :P
Not too sweet so is good!

However, for kopitiam, is individual perspective...
I might tried a nice one here, but maybe other's not....?
As my dad said, some of the food in the menu are good, some are not...
So... choose wisely!
But it was a good lunch!

$ - RM45+ (can't remember) - I know tai pai tong will be cheaper, but this was fine too!

Price Range : RM 2 - RM 10++
Good For: Not too bad hawker food-wannabe~
Bad For: Hawkers food but charge more - environment ok!

Vote: 4/5

13 comments:

  1. Bookmarked your website. Thank you for sharing. Definitely worth the time away from my classwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Great job, if I wasn't so busy with my school work I read your full site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine to back your blog, I get back it again pro re a month, pronto I bear bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for another interesting post about Hai Lam Kopitiam, Kepong | Fiesta Gourmet. Where else can anyone get that kind of info in such a concise manner of writing? I have a talk next week, and I am trying to find such information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly genuinely beneficial website publish which has got me considering. I never looked at this from your point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. His "affair"is a pain in your heart foreverAffair eventsAlthough the pieces of your heart,Although you love him, he does not value you,Although you pay so much, but did not return,

    ReplyDelete
  7. RRS subscribed, was a pretty good read actually tho I, personally, have a different view on the matter (well, kind of).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, possibly this post is not on topic but in any event, I have been browsing about your site and it looks really neat. It is easy to see I am creating a new blog and I am struggling to make it look great, and supply excellent subject matter. I have learned a lot here and I look forward to additional updates and will be returning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually wanted to make a quick message so as to express gratitude to you for all of the unique recommendations you are showing on this website. My particularly long internet research has now been paid with really good content to write about with my neighbours. I 'd tell you that we visitors are really blessed to be in a fine place with many lovely individuals with helpful ideas. I feel pretty fortunate to have discovered your entire webpage and look forward to tons of more exciting moments reading here. Thank you once again for a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is precisely what I was wanting for. I am going to share this with my team members. I feel we can do better now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think am just having some problems with subscribing to RSS feed here.

    ReplyDelete