Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Sunday 20 June 2010

Food Street #4 @ Ho Chi Minh City

Supper!
I forgot we back from where and we realized that next to our hotel there's a "stall"...
With the people sitting at the roadside with low table (yes low as in you see those little kids using that at nursery?)

We had big problem that night as the menu, were all in Viet...(yes they might use ABC - but when comes to whole sentence, as people says "the words know me, I don't know them...."
Lucky enough, there's a hunk at the next table offered his help to us...
Ordered our food and drinks too (and their TIGER beer just cost RM2 plus... yes, RM2 but tasted water!)

Ah, nearby the area, there's people who cycled to sell some food/cds/whatever that they think can earn money...


We managed to hold up a cuttlefish seller....
[caption id="attachment_821" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Grilled Cuttlefish - dried"][/caption]
This piece cost about ... VD20 (RM4?)
Chewy good to go with beer (my friend lurve this piece)

One thing I don't understand, how come Malaysia, don't sell/serve the Coke in bottle anymore?
Least Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam still does!
[caption id="attachment_822" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Coke in Bottle"][/caption]
And it's nice! ~yesteryears~

We've got Fried Seafood Noodle...
Portion is big, and tasty!
[caption id="attachment_823" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Fried Seafood Noodle"][/caption]
Seriously, for roadside food, this is good (I'm big fan of "tai pai tong" a.k.a roadside food)

I guess, I enjoyed my night there... the most : )

$ - about RM 20-30 for all?

Good For : Something new
Bad For : Hygiene (road side wart!)

Vote: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment