Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Saturday 19 June 2010

Food Street #2 @ Ho Chi Minh City

After had the bread for a munch...
We walked around the Ben Thanh market...
Most of the people there were setting up for the night market.

Eventually, if you don't plan to buy anything there, try not to start bargaining with those sellers.
They will show you black and disguise face towards you (hack with FRIENDLINESS)
I still prefer Thai people (even though some says they are not friendly as well, but so far I LURVE THEM!)

Well, still have few more (days) to talk about the people

We decided to have our dinner there....
So we settled ourselves with this roadside-lookalike-wannbe-restaurant
[caption id="attachment_730" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Signage"][/caption]

Vietnamese food are quite into grilling!
Of course you won't see a big lobster on the net...
Clams Clams Clams!
[caption id="attachment_746" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Clams"][/caption]

Even have other choices of clams too (I not sure how to describe each and one of it... cocker?)
[caption id="attachment_745" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Choices to grill!"][/caption]


Right!
Our starter!
My favourite of all....
Vietnamese Spring ROLL!!!!!
[caption id="attachment_743" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Vietnamese Spring Roll"][/caption]
However... the skin were quite tough!
The inner-ingredients tasted good, just the skin spoiled the whole roll.
Quite a turn-off!


My friend ordered sour soup to share...
Sour indeed... with pineapples!

[caption id="attachment_744" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Fish in Sour Soup"][/caption]
Well, as a sourish-lurver like me.... this bowl of soup, is a NO NO for me...
The taste was weird, sour with added water with no salt?
Can't define.

Might look like our local normal "jap choy"
Good enough, the taste were there and quite appetizing too.
[caption id="attachment_740" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Stir fried mixed vegetables"][/caption]

This plate of fried chicken, with added sauce (not too sure was honey or the chili sauce)
[caption id="attachment_739" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Fried Chicken Wings"][/caption]
If I'm not wrong, I recalled there was just like 4pcs? (We were in a group of 6)
So we got to share for the wings, tasty though.

Since they were into grilling...
We ordered a plate of clams to share.
[caption id="attachment_738" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Grilled clams with peanuts"][/caption]
I don't quite into this cos of the peanuts and little dry but my friends lurve it!

For the prawns was quite bitter after grilled!
[caption id="attachment_733" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Grilled Prawns"][/caption]
Luckily enough, it was fresh-tasted.

Ya it's quite weird that I snapped a picture of the rice.....
[caption id="attachment_737" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Nice cooked rice"][/caption]
They cooked the rice so fine till can see the rice nicely done (not too watery not too smudge)

One dish attracted me was the fried omelet....
[caption id="attachment_735" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Fried Omelet (see how thin it is!)"][/caption]
It's so thin (thinner than any roti canai or capati!)
Well, thin is not too bad nor good, cos it's too little!

For our respective drinks...
Most of the juices here, they will add MILK.
Not sure why, but it did tasted nice (I didn't add my pineapple with milk cos I'm lactose intolerant)
But for drinks, all thumbs up!

[caption id="attachment_742" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Orange Juice"][/caption]
~


[caption id="attachment_736" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Pineapple Juice"][/caption]

~

[caption id="attachment_732" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Coconut juice with milk"][/caption]

~
If you ever in Vietnam, must try their coffee!
Whether is black or with milk, the coffee is so so strong and... black!
[caption id="attachment_727" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Must have BLACK COFFEE"][/caption]
Even they have coffee shops (like Starbucks wannabe - the Highlands), the "roadside" coffee are much better!
For a non-coffee drinker like me, I shall say, Vietnamese Coffee are way POWDERful!

Basically the food, not too bad.

$ - I can't recall how much is this meal *hack, is holiday!

Good For: Tickle your taste buds!
Bad For: Is street food, eat at your own risk!

Vote: 3/5

69 comments:

  1. Hello, You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic with yahoo and found most people will agree with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful solutions.I'd like to recommend checking out a lot around the idea of graphic bomb. What exactly are you looking for though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific blog post!!! I appreciate your articles and are available the following day-to-day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see you might be an expert at your field! I am launching a site soon, and your info will be really exciting for me.. Thanks for all your assist and wishing you all of the success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work! Thanks for such interesting post as I were able to discover here. I agree with much of what is written here and I'll be returning to this site again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to your write-up I definitely learned one thing from it. Good content on this internet site Always searching forward to new post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI, your RSS feed is broken in my Feedburner, please fix it! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers for this post, It's fantastic to see another BlogEngine.NET user. Most people these days seem to use other systems like Wordpress, but I think BlogEngine.NET is the best system to use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. simply have got to declare you produce a number of good points and definitely will write-up a number of choices to add in shortly after a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splendidly done is richer reconsider than comfortably said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I arrived here because this journal was tweeted by a woman I had been following and am delighted I made it here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Undoubtedly, one of the best article l have come across on this precious topic. I quite agree with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your coming updates.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to thanks a lot for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I loved your style I will subscribe for your feed please keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you very much for contributing a best comment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this post, as well as this whole website. it is very well written and the information that you have presented here is also top tier and a great read for me. Please keep creating such super material. Thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please get a newsletter so I can keep up with your site easier.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I'm not sure I'd want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm astounded by the way you managed this subject. It isn't often I stumbled upon a web site with amazing posts similar to the ones you have. I am going to take note of your blog feed to keep up to date with your hereafter new posts. Again, I truely like what you have on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great post I subscribed to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just preferred to comment your blog and say that I actually enjoyed reading your weblog submit right here. It was very informative and I also digg the way you write!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beneficial Blog! I had been simply just debating that there are plenty of screwy results at this issue you now purely replaced my personal belief. Thank you an excellent write-up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very usefull article. Can I post a summary of this on my site? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are soooo talented in writing. God is really using you in miraculous ways. You are doing a excellent job! This was an awesome weblog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You completed some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found the majority of Nice site you have here. While clicking around, I noticed a broken image. You might want to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there Guru, what entice you to submit an article. This text was once extraordinarily interesting, particularly because I used to be looking for ideas in this topic final Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for contributing a great comment!

    ReplyDelete
  27. read n understand about loans here, i know you will need it someday

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about information and love learning more on this. If possible,it is very helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This blog is simply superb, I assumed I do know lots, but I’m so mistaken, like the earlier saying the further you by now know, the extra you discover out how little you realize. Thanks for the data.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the beneficial product.I had to spend some time to get your site however it seemed to be well worth the trouble. Perhaps I ought to learn how to use Yahoo and google a little bit improved. In any case We stray by the subject of astrology as well as horoscopes. Many thanks plus joyful writing a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I was just considering the same thing

    ReplyDelete
  32. This website is a walk-through for all the details you wanted about this and didn't know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you will actually discover it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Well, I agree with what you wrote, but not with all of it. Regardless, it is all excellent material. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I believe you have mentioned some very interesting details , appreciate it for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What's up old boy. Beautiful writing. Have you heard about this info?

    ReplyDelete
  36. The current financial climate forces all marketers to paintings harder whether or not thats head to head selling or advertising and marketing your website online.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What's the most effective Wordpress plugin that you just use for the website? I'm looking to see which ones I will need to use on a Wordpress blog I would like to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  38. It sounds like you're creating problems yourself by trying to solve this issue instead of looking at why their is a problem in the first place

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post looks very interesting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello, you used to write excellent, but the last several posts have been kinda boring I miss your great writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!

    ReplyDelete
  41. All I can say is protect it up. This website is so essential in a time when everyone just needs to talk about how several guys and ladies someones cheated on their spouse with. I indicate, thank for bringing intelligence once again to world-wide-web, its been sorely missed. Fantastic stuff. Please ensure that it stays coming!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi I love your post and it is so good and I am gonna save it. I Have to say the Superb analysis this article has is trully remarkable.Who goes that extra mile these days? Well Done!!! Just one more tip you caninstall a Translator for your Worldwide Readers !

    ReplyDelete
  43. It really is an excellent and useful bit of information. I?m glad that you shared this helpful information around. Please stop us current such as this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like ‘Mixview’ that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you’re listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of “neighbors” will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your blog is so informative … keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I truly enjoyed the site. That's always nice while you're reading something which is not only informative but entertaining. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Outstanding story we need to spread the word about this website.You deserve to have additional recognition .

    ReplyDelete
  48. It really is an excellent and useful piece of information. I?m glad that you shared this helpful tips around. Please stop us current like this. Appreciate sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Obviously agrees from what you may explained. I convey to you, I typically get irked whenever some others examine topics that they can obviously will not be aware about. You used to be able to hit the nail on the and furthermore discussed out all without complication. people can take an indication.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This actually answered my downside, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi and thank you for submitting this. This resolved quite a lot of inquiries by which I'd.

    ReplyDelete
  52. A speech does not need to be eternal to be immortal.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thats interesting article. This is my first time coming here and I think it has been very helpful. You are doing a good job. Great keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Cool piece of producing, cheers. Could you explain the third section in added detail please?

    ReplyDelete
  55. I really wanted to type a simple word so as to appreciate you for these superb guidelines you are writing here. My prolonged internet investigation has at the end of the day been rewarded with excellent suggestions to go over with my companions. I 'd suppose that we website visitors are really endowed to live in a decent place with very many awesome individuals with very helpful tactics. I feel quite grateful to have seen your entire webpage and look forward to really more awesome times reading here. Thank you once more for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  56. you've got a terrific weblog right here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is often such an excellent resource that you're delivering and you provide away free of charge. I really like seeing internet sites that realize the value of offering a high quality resource totally free. It?s the prior what goes all around appears schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  58. this is my first visit and just wanted to stop by to say hi everyone

    ReplyDelete
  59. thanks !! very helpful post!

    ReplyDelete
  60. That fantabulous post this has been. Within no way seen this kind associated with useful post. I’m grateful to you and anticipate much more associated with posts such as. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I've discovered so far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source?

    ReplyDelete
  62. Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  63. WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..more wait .. …

    ReplyDelete
  64. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  65. some genuinely choice blog posts on this web site , saved to bookmarks .

    ReplyDelete