Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Friday 25 June 2010

Lala Chong, PJ

I've heard about this LALA CHONG from my friends saying that it's nice and good...
They have one nearby Subang Airport, but we head over to the one in PJ (near Damansara Jaya).

I was craving for crabs so with no reason and doubt I would like to try at this place.

First, they gave us peanuts and pickles...
I lurve the pickles!
And ordered for 2nd round.
[caption id="attachment_868" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Pickles"][/caption]
RM3/plate though... gasp!

However... (here comes the tragic)
For vege, we ordered choi tam which is quite simple just bit oily.
[caption id="attachment_871" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Stir Fried Choi Tam"][/caption]
Portion not really bit (and it's RM10/plate), I can get that portion other place at RM6/8!

I don't really like Seung Tong Lala (soup) due to the Chinese Wine...
However, for this place, I quite like it as the wine taste was not that strong.
[caption id="attachment_869" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Seong Tong Lala"][/caption]
Too bad they don't give extra soup (ya I know is BIG request)
And they should make the LALA cleaner, bit some sand though.

CRABS... or shall I say CRAPS?
Seriously, it's a big dissapointment for me over their crabs...
Maybe we ordered the WRONG type of cooking?
We ordered the sweet and sour style, and trust me... I CAN COOK IT BETTER!
[caption id="attachment_873" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Sweet and Sour Crabs"][/caption]
Tasted more on tomato sauce, the crabs meat were soft (can I say is not fresh?)

Maybe I put too high expectation over this place?
I guess I should head over to other places rather than come over this place for nice seafood.

Go figure.

$ - RM 110 (for 3pax)

Price Range - RM5 - *depends on the weight of the seafood - fish, crabs*
Good For : Nice pickles!
Bad For : Your pocket ....try other things before go over this place

Vote: 2/5 (for the pickle and the LALA soup)

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog here.. did you design it yourself or was it made by a professional company? Really nice choice of colors

    ReplyDelete