Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Sunday 20 June 2010

Le Beaujolais @ Ho Chi Minh City

3rd day in Ho Chi Minh City...
After we went for our one day trip to the city...
Our tour guide stopped us for lunch at this restaurant.

Actually we thought of having street food (I was dying for Pho) but was ended up in this fine dining restaurant (gasp!)

[caption id="attachment_752" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Le Beaujolais"][/caption]

We were not into FINE DINING style though and yet western/french?

Lucky enough, they have 2 types of menu...
French and their local, Vietnamese Cuisine!

Of course when comes to travelling, BUDGET is in the main concern, same goes to food.
Want something cheap and fast that's the 1st thing in mind, if only travel for honeymoon, that's another different budget!

Alright, my partner and I settled with steamboat, as it's good for 2-4pax (yes we are big eater!)
As said budget, if I'm not wrong this BOAT cost us about VD 29000? (not too sure now....)

[caption id="attachment_765" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Burn Burn~"][/caption]

~

[caption id="attachment_766" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Steamboat - Set (noodle)"][/caption]

~

[caption id="attachment_767" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Steamboat!"][/caption]

It sort of set, we had the seafood (I think) it comes with one big plate of noodle.
I wouldn't say that it's tasty however, it good to go when you are so much hungrier than ever!

My friends ordered their own lunch, and this is what I captured and (tried a spoon)

The fried rice, sort-off-filled with prawns and eggs?

[caption id="attachment_769" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Prawn Fried Rice"][/caption]
It's quite fragrance when tasted it and the portion quite sufficient for 2 pax!

Another friend ordered something with soup (as she'd been having the sour soup for 2 days in a row)
[caption id="attachment_763" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Vege soup (with pork?)"][/caption]
Seriously, this soup was so so so vege tasted (more vege than the steamboat)
Wanted to go on detox meal - this should be the one!

Claypot vermicelli with seafood (I presume)
This is the best dish among all (as I tasted)
[caption id="attachment_762" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Tung Fun with seafood"][/caption]
The aroma is good, taste is good. What else to say? too bad is not my meal for that day

My friend and I was so wanted to try Pho (is famous in Vietnam if you not aware - is their main meal for the day)
She ordered one to try..... (I thought it could be better)
[caption id="attachment_761" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Pho"][/caption]
I not sure is it the Pho in KL they put too much MSG (ajinomoto) as it tasted better than in Vietnam.

Shark-fin soup wannabe....
[caption id="attachment_760" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Asparagus soup"][/caption]
I not too sure what's the name of this soup as I just tasted a sip and its sort of like shark fin soup though...
Yes, I had memory lost a moment (can't recall)

$ - It cost about near RM300 (after convert) - OUCH!

Good For: Fine dining?
Bad For : TRAVELLERS like us who travel with budget!

Vote: 2.5/5 (not to say it's bad meal.. just that not what I wanted when I travel - a fine dining)

8 comments:

  1. would it be possible to translate your website into spanish because i have difficulties of speaking to english, and as there are not many pictures on your website i would like to read more of what you are writting

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great Post – very COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is a great help to me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete