Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Saturday 5 June 2010

Food Street #1 @ Ho Chi Minh City

I was in Ho Chi Minh City with my friends on last April
It was a good trip but its way too dusty and congested traffic and people.

The whole road are pack with motorists and for the passerby like us, is way too dangerous for us to just cross the street.

So instead of blogging about the country (as nothing much to say)
Let's talk food!
*Will post it one by one*

Food Street #1

Along the street, instead of the famous Vietnamese spring roll
They got another famous snack or should I say sandwich?

Consist of pork meat, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, egg, coriander leaf and mayo
This is how they prepare it

[caption id="attachment_718" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The "tools""][/caption]

You might be surprised that for this sandwich, they serve with Baguette instead of pita
Quite easy to find baguette in Vietnam too (as if is their main bread like France?)
[caption id="attachment_719" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Baguette"][/caption]
~
Grilled!

Very simple preparation and yet yummy meal

[caption id="attachment_721" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Ready to munch!"][/caption]

If you don't like the coriander leaf, do ask the person not to place it in.

VD - 12000 (RM3)
* Depends stalls as it maybe differ.

10 comments:

  1. Between me and my husband we've owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased for this priceless amazing web page; this will be the variety of topic that sustains me although out the day.We’ve constantly heard been not too long ago needing close to within your web-site appropriate right after I observed about these from a close close friend and was delighted when I was in a place to acquire it adhering to seeking out for some time. Being a enthusiastic blogger, I’m happy to find out other most people taking gumption and adding on the neighborhood. I just desired to remark to demonstrate my comprehension for a publish as it is particularly inviting, and lots of writers really do not get the credit they deserve. I’m positive I’ll be back again yet again and will send a handful of of my partners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how are you I was luck to find your Topics in baidu
    your topic is excellent
    I obtain much in your subject really thanks very much
    btw the theme of you blog is really brilliant
    where can find it

    ReplyDelete
  4. article great for me, its so beautiful tips given to me,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here by accident. I started reading and I have to tell you that your blog is cool. You are writing so many interesting things. I disagree with many of them, but it's ok. I will probably visit your blog more often. I would like to use your words on my own blog. Can I?May I? - Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, nice post, I was wondering the same thing. and found your site by bing, learned a lot, now i have got some idea. bookmarked and also signed up your rss. keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could someone with little experience do it ,because it has lots of sugar and also the fruits has a lot of sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not going to be dishonest I just need to get a backlink from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to show some appreciation to you for bailing me out of this particular challenge. After checking throughout the search engines and coming across concepts that were not pleasant, I figured my entire life was over. Living without the presence of strategies to the issues you've solved through your good posting is a serious case, and ones which might have negatively damaged my entire career if I had not discovered your web blog. Your good know-how and kindness in controlling a lot of stuff was very useful. I'm not sure what I would've done if I had not come across such a stuff like this. I am able to at this time relish my future. Thank you very much for the reliable and effective guide. I won't hesitate to propose your site to any person who would need counselling about this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not going to be untrue I just am trying to get a backlink from you :)

    ReplyDelete