Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Saturday 28 November 2009

Ming Chow Bak Kut Teh, Off Kampar....

Raining season....
With chilling night crawling into the bones...
What to have to warm up the body?

While driving back to Penang...
I gave a lift to a friend of mine from Teluk Intan, who works in Gopeng...
She recommended to pit stop at a Bak Kut Teh which near to Gopeing.

She drove all the way off Kampar and reached the destination...
It was pretty pack on that raining night...

[caption id="attachment_127" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Signage"]Signage[/caption]

I was bit worried if the BKT turns out to be bitter taste...
I was not really into BKT that much during younger years as I tasted the bitter BKT which turns off my taste bud...
So I was pretty hesitated to try new ones.

[caption id="attachment_125" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Bak Kut Teh"]Bak Kut Teh[/caption]

Surprisingly...
The BKT in this place served pretty sweet...
And I was just indulging the soup more than my own rice!

We even ordered golden mushroom and pork intestine and stomach as it was not served in the first pot...
It was served with Chinese wine...
Not really into that, so I'd chucked all into the first pot and mixed it...
Least it tasted much better with the soup!

My friend ordered the Choy Sum with Oyster Sauce...
Not to bad too...
Pretty much of the stems than the leaves...
My furkid luv that pretty much! Ruff!

[caption id="attachment_126" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Choy Sum with Oyster Sauce"]Choy Sum with Oyster Sauce[/caption]

Besides BKT...
I spotted a pot of curry fish at the next of our table...
Smells pretty good too.

Had full tummy to continue our journey!
Will go back to try again if we ever got the time to turn over there!

$- RM32.00 (with 4 rices, Yao Ca Koi, vege and a pot of Chinese Tea for 3 pax)

Price Range: For the pot of 2 pax is RM 28.00 with (exclude the vege)
Good For: To BKT luvers who prefers sweet taste instead of bitter herbs style
Bad For: Limited space!

Vote: 3.9/5

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I think there is broken links on the blog. I just went to to use the links on the menu bar and it forwarded me to another website which I have never used. Can you aid with this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for provide ideal great knowledges. Ones internet is awfully coolI am inspired using the advice that consumers have on in this homepage. this shows how excellent end users know this title. bookmarking this web, went visit back as way more. consumers, my acquaintance, ROCK! I found only The answer I already searched all over as well as only couldn’t experience. What a get it over blog. like this this website Ones New website is I as to my brand new favs.I likes stuff like this information given and also it has now given me A few kind on inspiration To succeed for Some purpose, awfully Cheers

    ReplyDelete