Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Saturday 28 November 2009

Chinese Coffee Shop, Anson Road @ Penang

It was near to 2am in the morning...
I just picked up my partner at Butterworth and was looking for Char Kuey Teow after back to the island.

We took ferry back to the island...
So we were at town looking for supper...
Lucky enough we were at Anson Road and there were 2 coffeeshops opened during this wee hours.

It was located exactly opposite the Him Heang Tambun Biscuit shop...
Was surprised to know during that hour the place was full!
Wonder is it those people were just finished clubbing!

My partner was busybody to know that a Hokkien Mee stall so busy serving customers...
So she can't decide to have her char kuey teow or the hokkien mee...
So end up, she ordered 2, we shared the char kuey teow.

[caption id="attachment_159" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Char Kuey Teow"]Char Kuey Teow[/caption]

Surprisingly.... with shocked...
It cost RM4.00....
My partner was like.. WOW! KL pricing...
And I thought the price hiked up cos it was late night...
But I was wrong.
Lucky enough...
It tasted good.

For the Hokkien Mee...
Why it was busy because beside the normal serving (chicken meat, eggs....)
They even served with fishballs, chicken feets, meatballs, roasted pork...
I ordered the roasted pork to go with the noodle.

[caption id="attachment_161" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Hokkien Mee @ Prawn Mee"]Hokkien Mee @ Prawn Mee[/caption]

We were expected it to be cost around RM6...
Pheww... RM4.50 with 3 slices of roasted pork...
Funny!
Not too bad, just bit spicy!

I got myself char hor fun@yin yeung for KL people...

[caption id="attachment_162" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Char Hor Fun @ Yin Yeung"]Char Hor Fun @ Yin Yeung[/caption]

When I tried the sauce, it's bit tasted like shark fin soup though...
I forgot how the original taste of char hor fun before....
My mum luv this noodle the most...
It's bit burnt on the noodle, but I guess that's the "trademark" for it...
It's RM4.00...
Pretty reasonable.

Which gave me the shocked the most...
LOBAK!
Just see the picture....
And guess how much?

[caption id="attachment_164" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Lobak"]Lobak[/caption]
..........
........
......
....
..
.
RM8!!!!

This is the only plate that I feels not worth at all!

However...
For late night supper...
Sick of mamak.... well, can head over this place...
Just bit pricey for Penang Island!

$ - as stated above, just got to plus all together :P

Price Range: Rm 3 - RM 20 (grill fish available there)
Good For: Late night supper, craving for Chinese meal...
Bad For : Pricey!!! (and you got to pay RM1 for the so called uncle who looks after the car for you even though you don't need to pay at all... better be safe, JUST PAY! Prevent your car being scratched!)

Vote: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment