Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Wednesday 4 November 2009

"A Chinese Restaurant" at Happy Mansion, Section 17, Petaling Jaya

It was a raining Thursday night...
Just met a client with my dad in Section 17...
Meeting my partner for dinner as well, but not sure where to go...
So we thought of heading to My Elephant, another Thai Restaurant which are more to fine dining...
It was full, so we ended up hunting food nearby the Happy Mansion Flat.

My dad said that the "Chinese Kopitiam", he heard that it's not too bad...
So we headed into that coffeeshop which a few steps away from My Elephant.

We ordered few dishes with white rices...

Unbelievable, it was good.

We had Kangkung Belacan as for our vegetable dish...
It's not too spicy and not too thichk with belacan taste too...

[caption id="attachment_53" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Kangkung Belacan"]Kangkung Belacan[/caption]

It's just nice with rice, as sometimes this dish is cook and little bit of salty but when on rice it's nice but for this place, the chef cooked it nice either to be eat with rice, or just plain.

For meat category, I ordered sweet and sour pork...
Kind of long time didn't eat this dish...
The meat were so tasty and crunchy too...

[caption id="attachment_54" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Sweet and sour pork"]Sweet and sour pork[/caption]

It's not cooked too sour nor too sweet...
Best thing, it's just CruNcHy!

I guess we just love omelet...
We ordered a plate of that, and it's unbelievable well done!

[caption id="attachment_55" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Fried Omelet"]Fried Omelet[/caption]

Not like it's been added with seafood....
It's just a plain omelet with onions...
The taste and the fragrance of the omelet, it's just delicious!
In Chinese we will say that it's got the "Wok Hei"...

For the soup...
We had Salted Vegetable with Beancurd Soup....

[caption id="attachment_56" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Salted Vegetable with Beancurd Soup"]Salted Vegetable with Beancurd Soup[/caption]

The first sip to the soup...
Refreshing! Due to the sourish goes to our taste bud!
Surprisingly that I not sure it's been boiled for hours, or it's just boil on the spot...
If it's boil on the spot, I wonder how much MSG was in it?
Or maybe they used good quality of salted vegetable, it's really great taste!

My favourite dish of all...
FISH!

[caption id="attachment_57" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Deep Fried Pomfret Fish served with Oil"]Deep Fried Pomfret Fish served with Oil[/caption]

Sometimes, when out for dinner...
Hardly will order fish, I even been forbidden to order fish from my partner as it's the most expensive dish of all...
Once we had dinner, the fish cost us RM80.. due to it was a Gold Pomfret... so from then onwards, I hardly order fish.
My dad ordered the pomfret (the normal ones...)
Deep fried, served with oil and fried ginger....
Wush!!!!!!!!
Marvelous! If it's served with black thick soya sauce it even makes it better!

All right, my partner asked me to mention here....
I HAD 3 BIG BOWLS OF RICE!

It's just way too good for a home-cooked meal!

Besides dishes, they even served noodles just like the normal "tai chow" stall.

I definitely will go back Happy Mansion, not for My Elephant...
I will head over to this coffeeshop!

I don't know the name of the coffeshop, so I just name it "A CHINESE RESTAURAT" :P

$ - Rm73 (as we tapao a "mun yee mee" as supper!)

Price Range: Rice is RM1/bowl, the fish cost RM27. Averagely I guess about RM5-30 depends on the dishes
Good For: Budget dinner!
Bad For: Not your air conditioner restaurant... as it's non air-condition.

Vote: 4.5/5 (service not too good, but it's just a coffeeshop, bare with it!)

4 comments:

  1. i wan to check out this place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah!!!!!!!!! we should we should!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete