Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Saturday 16 January 2010

Chao Yen, 1Utama Shopping Complex @ BU

Teow Chew Restaurant....
As most Chinese community knows that, there's lot of this restaurants around....
However....
For much fine dining style, not much available to cope with the market around.

I've been passed by this restaurant for couple of times...
Did had the eager to try it out...
But hack! ...not really have a chance when most of the time I passed by there with a Malay friend of mine.

However...
I got the chance to try it out with a friend of mine who were pretty sick on Tuesday...
So we went in and well, it's like a library....
Pretty quiet, maybe cos it's about 3pm.

I guess the only think attracts me...
Is the logo....
Not sure why... : )
[caption id="attachment_453" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Menu"]Menu[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_470" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="\"Tattoo on the chair\""]"Tattoo on the chair"[/caption]
Looks attractive to me.

[caption id="attachment_469" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Table Setting"]Table Setting[/caption]

All right...
FOOD!

I was not aware that the items came with drinks...
So we ordered the lo han ko as our drinks...
[caption id="attachment_471" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Lo Han Ko"]Lo Han Ko[/caption]

I ordered the seafood fried rice to share...
[caption id="attachment_472" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Seafood Fried Rice"]Seafood Fried Rice[/caption]
Not too bad though, I guess there's about 6-8pcs of prawns in it!

My friend ordered a pot of porridge...
I was not sure the specific name for it...
It's consist of oysters and pork meatball in it...
[caption id="attachment_475" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Porridge with oyster and meatballs"]Porridge with oyster and meatballs[/caption]
With veges and parsley.

I didn't know the porridge not the style that I like...
It's more like water with rice, not really smashed like serve for baby (I like that... :P)
Really authentic Teow Chew serving.

I think the fried rice included with soup...
[caption id="attachment_476" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Salted Vegetable soup"]Salted Vegetable soup[/caption]
We didn't check the menu properly, but this taste nice!

One thing weird is...
Why do they love to serve bitter gourd?
[caption id="attachment_477" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Bitter Gourd"]Bitter Gourd[/caption]
I do understand that if serve with porridge...
But with fried rice?
Well I nearlly finish the 2 plates...
Seriously, it's nice just that I don't keen with it.

$ - RM46.10

Price Range - RM10 and above
Good For - Quiet authentic meal to have with family or friends
Bad For - Pricey!

Vote: 3.5/5

1 comment: