Spices of Heaven

Food made from Heaven

Monday 22 February 2010

Restaurant Lau Heong, Bandar Baru Sentul

I "saw" this place thru Ho Chiak on TV3 last few Sundays ago...
My friend recommended us to have dinner for another friend's birthday.

[caption id="attachment_519" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The Signage"]The Signage[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_518" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Business Hours"]Business Hours[/caption]

I googled and check on the address and location, so on 6th Feb, we headed over there.

What surprised us was, it's so so crowded!
Even though I made reservation, we still got to wait for our tables...
They even have 2 floors up, even roadside, full of tables... and PACKED!

[caption id="attachment_520" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The crowd...."]The crowd....[/caption]

Luckily we just waited about 10mins for our table....
Most of the dishes we ordered, consider are their "in house" recommendation...
While we got to wait for our dishes...
So we ordered yee sang to LOU ah!

[caption id="attachment_544" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Yee Sang"]Yee Sang[/caption]
The salmon were way too thin (the slicing), even a friend of mine thought that it's char siu!
However, in terms of the sauce, it's good...
Not too sourish!

For our dishes...
We wanted to try the pork knuckle which was recommended thru HO CHIAK!...
Eventually, it's German's cuisine, but the boss of this restaurant, create the recipe into Teow Chew style.
[caption id="attachment_542" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Pork Knuckle with Teow Chew sauce"]Pork Knuckle with Teow Chew sauce[/caption]
The sauce you might thought it's curry and spicy...
Not to worry, it's sourish (tasted like tomato sauce!)
The skin of the meat, it's so so crispy! I luv this dish so much!

Next recommendation...
Fried chicken wings...
[caption id="attachment_545" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Fried Chicken Wings"]Fried Chicken Wings[/caption]
For me, this dish just SO-SO only... not sure they marinated with what...sometimes, I just prefer salt, pepper will do... hah!
* ah.. I miss Meg's chicken wings!*

Vege, we ordered the Shu Miu (potato leaves) ...I think....
[caption id="attachment_546" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Shu Miu"]Tao Miu[/caption]
Quite nice fragrance (without garlic!)

Seafood, we had the recommendation of the grilled squids and prawns together...
[caption id="attachment_547" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Grillled Squids and prawns"]Grillled Squids and prawns[/caption]
Another dish that I hardly will touch due to the squid but I had the prawns...
Kind of funny taste for the sauce...
Not sure it made of what though :P

I was not sure why this dish is the recommended tofu....
[caption id="attachment_548" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Fried Tofu"]Fried Tofu[/caption]
It tasted like Egg, and tofu.. but not like the Japanese egg tofu...
Well, I X over this!

Since we have our Ambassador of Seaweed...
For soup, we had seaweed soup...
[caption id="attachment_549" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Seaweed Soup"]Seaweed Soup[/caption]
Tasty though!

It's quite a nice meal, of course must have the initiative than only will go over to this place to eat...

$ - RM156.80 (7pax)

Price Range - RM7 - RM50 (I think)
Good For - Great for lunch or dinner!
Bad For - Need to go early to get sittings and car park!

Vote : 3.5/ 5
* I went there again last Friday, surprisingly with other dishes I tried, I shall give 4/5 ... and even the price shocked me, 6 dishes 1 soup - RM148!* Good one!

13 comments:

  1. This is the best blog I've ever seen in my life! I really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to share your this with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff.You may want to actually consider a lot around the idea of graphic bomb. What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you realise that the UK and US are now multi-cultural nations. The above is a real language spoken by over 250 million people in Malaysia and Indonesia. Faham? Sangat cantik, lah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your site on google and i think it is a pity that you are not rated higher as this is a terrific publish. To change i decided to save your site in order to my Rss or atom readers and I will try to mention a person in a single of my articles because you truly deserv more readers whenever publishing content of the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi I was luck to find your subject in yahoo
    your subject is outstanding
    I learn a lot in your website really thank your very much
    btw the theme of you website is really brilliant
    where can find it

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it'll do even better in those areas, but for now it's a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod's strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace sandro

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to say I like it and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. iphone 3g unlock how to unlock iphone 3g iphone 3g unlocker unlock iphone 3g iphone 3g jailbreak jailbreak iphone 3g ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to put you that little observation just to give thanks again for your spectacular suggestions you have provided in this case. It was quite unbelievably open-handed with you to convey unhampered what exactly a number of people would have supplied for an e-book to get some dough for themselves, mostly since you could possibly have done it if you wanted. The principles in addition worked to be a good way to realize that most people have a similar dream like my own to grasp much more on the subject of this condition. Certainly there are millions of more pleasurable opportunities ahead for individuals who looked at your website.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this websites format is developed pretty good.

    ReplyDelete